How do I remove burnt stains from bottom of pan?

+1
  • Maddycat77 Maddycat77 on Sep 17, 2018

Krud kutter works great!! Pour some in a flat dish or pan, or stop up the sink and pour enough to cover bottom of pan, let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then scrub with a Scotchbrite scrubber (Green and yellow, it HAS to be the ScotchBrite brand, others don't work as well). You may have to repeat a couple times, depending on how bad the pan is, but it works. I use Krudd Kutter on most of my cleaning jobs. It is non-toxic and biodegradable, so it's safe to use anywhere and on anything. Good luck!

• Lynn Frazel Flaherty Lynn Frazel Flaherty on Sep 17, 2018

bartenders friend - so cheap so great. Or I've heard salt and baking soda

• I wet my spots with water, sprinkle on baking soda then pour white vinegar. The vinegar will bubble and you might have to use a little elbow grease but it worked from my burnt pot.

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 18, 2018

Hi Barbara: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. If it's a copper bottomed pot, finish it off with Barkeepers Friend. Good luck.