How do I fix this frayed strap?

I use edge kote, but now I need to fix silver and a odd blue straps. I didn't find anything in edge coat unless I missed a clear fix. Also have a problem with warped straps not going back into shape.

q how to fix frayed purse strap when color there is not a color match
  • Mogie Mogie on Jan 02, 2019

A shoe repair shop should be able to fix that for you and do an excellent job too.

• Glenda Bawcum Glenda Bawcum on Jan 02, 2019

Thank you so much. Having to store them in the attic (small closet space) and well this is what I get. Knew better but didn't have a choice.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 03, 2019

As these straps are not frayed, neither Fray Check or Edge Kote will be effective in 'fixing' them. Fabric frays. These straps look to me to be vinyl. Vinyl cracks, becomes weak, and then does not hold its shape. The brown strap at the bottom of the picture is badly warped due to being folded and bent. Some stitches have come loose because the sections are beginning to pull apart due to the cracking. I see cracking on the blue strap also.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that any shoe repair shop will say it is worth their time for what it will cost you to have them cut and sew completely new leather straps for the purses.