How to repair a severly corroded pair of bronzed baby shoes?

Dorothy
by Dorothy

They got corroded in hurricane Katrina and are very badly damaged with some parts unrecognizable. I'd like to get them to match as well as possible. There will have to be some rebuilding of the original design. Thanks!

• Grandma joni Grandma joni on Aug 08, 2018

ketchup

• Sherri Sherri on Aug 09, 2018

Rub and Buff may be your answer. Take a look at this video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuU_hZNMqE

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 12, 2018

Dwt Hello,. I'd go to a craft store or call to see if they have kits or material you'll need, to bring the shoes back to life.

• Leslie Leslie on Aug 15, 2018

Hi DTW, I Googled how to bronze shoes and found this link. The only other way is to check first and bring the shoes to a jeweler who does this service to see what they advise.

How to Bronze Shoes: 10 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

• Ruth Sherman Ruth Sherman on Nov 04, 2020

I have a pair of my baby brother's bronzed shoes from probably 60 years ago. They were mounted on a plaque with an 8x10 frame. The frame has since been broken by negligence while in my mom's possession. Now they were given to me and I'd like to have them restored and mounted on whatever w/no frame attached because there is no longer a picture of him. Can anyone help me with this?

• Dorothy Dorothy on Nov 04, 2020

Someone suggested to take them to a jeweler and they may either do it or know who can.

• Night Night on Feb 26, 2023

Before google I cleaned my 65 year old baby shoes with a chemical cleaner copper cleaner they came out perfect. Now they are not so perfect being in storage for about 10 years. Did I ruin them.

comment photo