Best way to put a window insert into a cabinet

I have a window from my moms home and would like to put it in an old cabinet front

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    You would need to cut an opening that would fit the window. You could put it in and secure it on the back side with a bracket that screws onto the back of the cabinet front and the back of the window. If the back of the window is thicker than the cabinet you could use an L shaped bracket to secure it to the cabinet.

• Meblan Meblan on Dec 29, 2017
    Have you thought of making it a mirror? My husband found old window frames in an alley trash bin. Put cut to fit mirror inserts into the panels. For a narrow one, used a thin cut to fit mirror. So many compliments through the years!

• Ken Ken on Dec 30, 2017
    I have done this but had difficulty keeping lines of the cutout straight. I used a sabre saw to make the cutout then ran a square cut router bit with a bearing around the opening to make a ledge. Then used glass retainer clips from The Woodworker's Store to hold the glass in.

Technique will depend largely on what kind of door material and how much smaller the glass is. You refer to it as a window not a pane of glass so I assume that there is a frame around it. It is difficult to give specific advice without seeing the pieces that you are trying to mate.

It is unfortunate that we are so far apart because this is a project I would love to do. An opportunity to do something better than the last time.