How can I learn to fix new windows that were installed wrong?


I have 10 new windows that were installed in my home by home depot and they do not want to fix them. the damage that it had caused has not been really fixed. Only covered up!!!! So how can I replace all 10 windows with no more money whatsoever?? They took advantage of a disabled lady with a spinal cord injury!!

The damage that it caused!!!

Was an electrical wire to melt in two!!!

It could have cause a really big fire because it melted the wire in two in the wall with the fiber glass insulation and the wood studs as well as the outside insulation and siding but I was lucky, some home it didn't burn down my home!!

I am thankful that it didn't burn the house down and no one was hurt this time; they also came to my home with someone else to cover up the weep holes in the windows which is rigging the windows which will cuase more damage to my home. I need help!! I have no more money left. They took all of my disability money and the money I had left from my Daddy passing away which really wasn't that much I go from him passing away. If you can help me that would be great and I thank you for the help and kindness. Please have a very beautiful day!!

If you would please reply back to me soon so that I know that you got this question for help thank you once again!!!

  10 answers
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 16, 2018

    Hi Win, There are state agencies the could handle this situation your having. I need to know what state you live in. These agencies are listed by state. Provide the state and I'll help you resolve this problem. Also provide what you paid for the windows. My book will give me the headquarters of Home Depot.

  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Aug 16, 2018

    Hi Win,

    Truthfully, we are a DIY home and garden website and at this point it sounds like you need legal advice. This is not legal advice. It's based on what I have done in the past.

    One thing you might put together is written documentation of exactly what has happened and included any receipts and statements from other people involved. For example, for a fire, the Fire Department would have a report. You could also have someone inspect your home to estimate the cost to fix the damage. Try going to the store and talking one more time to the store manager. Have COPIES of everything ready to show him/her. Do not take the originals. You'll want to keep them.

    My next step, if it was my situation would be to write a letter to the CEO of Home Depot. You should be able to look that information up online. Do the letter on your computer, if you can, so you can easily print more than one copy. At the bottom of the letter under you signature, type

    CC: (your state) State Attorney General's Office

    This will notify the company that you intend to get your state's protection office involved by sending them a copy of your letter.

    Look up your State Attorney General and send a copy to that office, as well. Include a cover letter asking for their help in fixing this situation. I have done this before and always received help from my state's Attorney General's office.

    I can't guarantee that this will help. I can only tell you that it worked for me. However, carefully word your letter to state the facts. Try not to be emotional when you write it. What I do when I'm really upset about something is type it, then wait until the next day to read it. I often find sentences that make no sense because I was upset when I wrote it. By writing the letter on my computer I've been able change those sentences so that they make more sense.

    I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best.

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Hi Win, I going to send you several answers, because I keep getting shoved off the the tablet that I use.

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Contact Indiana Office of the Attorney General

    Consumer Protection Division

    302 W. Washington Street 5th Floor

    Indianapolis, I.N. 46204

    Toll ferre 1-800-382-5516

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Home Depot, Inc

    Support Center

    2455 Paces Ferry Road

    Atlanta, GA.

    Toll free 1-800-466-3337

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Hi Win, the BBBureau, there are five choices. Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Osceola, and Scherville. So you pick what your near.

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Win, call the AGO. and ask for a form to fill out they should send it to you. Call BBBureau also and ask for a form to fill out.

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    In your letters, try to stay with the subject, your windows, the fact that their new, and you paid $.

    and they don't hang right, and any small detail. Such as they won't fix them, and their new. If you need some help let me know.

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Keep all papers on this matter together, copy but don't send originals. To the Attorney, General I'd send it certified mail, this way you get a receipt, also to Home Depot

  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 18, 2018

    Win you might have to write the AGO, in the state where Home Depot has their headquarters. If this is so, the AGO of Indiana will give you that address for Home Depot in Atlanta. Good Luck !