How can I soundproof my door?

+3
I live in an apartment, and on the weekends my boyfriend is here. He’s a little hard of hearing, and therefore speaks and laughs loudly. A friend in the building, on her way to my apartment, said she could hear him clearly all the way down the hallway! I had no idea! So I’d like to do some kind of soundproofing, but since it’s an apartment, it needs to be something temporary, something that can be removed without leaving any damage.
q how can i soundproof my door
  • Diane Thorp Craig Diane Thorp Craig on Jan 03, 2018
    PERHAPS A HEAVY CURTAIN ACROSS THE WHOLE WAY LIKE IN THE OLDER DAYS - WESTERNS. THE CURTAIN COULD BE TIED BACK WHEN YOU DON'T NEED IT AND I ADDS A DIFFERENT LOOK TO YOUR HOME. HOPE THAT HELPS.

• Brenda Brenda on Jan 03, 2018
    Cork is a good sound absorber. If you can find a few sheets just stick it to the door with double back tape.

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 03, 2018
    Buy some quilted fabric that is long enough to cover the back of your door plus a little longer. Buy a piece of lattice wood long enough to match the width of your door twice, cut it in to two pcs. Buy some Command Hook vecro hangers (velcro to velcro type). Cut a hole in the fabric for the door knob. apply three or four pcs. of velcro at the top and bottom inside the door. Match up the velcro on the lattice. Staple or hot glue fabric to tattice strip and press onto door.

• Victoria Victoria on Jan 03, 2018
    If it is a hollow core, drill holes down both side then spray in foam expanding insulation into holes starting at the bottom working way up. Give it time to set up, then plug holes.

• Jean G Jean G on Jan 03, 2018
    Use garage door insulation sheets which can be taped on the door using double sided tape.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 03, 2018
    We have a loud talker for a neighbor. For a cheap removeable fix try handing blankets over the door. Hubby does this to deaden sound coming from his music room.