How to cover this hole in my door

+4
how cover this hold
q how to cover this hole in my door
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 10, 2017
    hole....what is the item the photo is very dark

• Catherine Anspaugh Catherine Anspaugh on Oct 10, 2017
    What is the door made of?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 10, 2017
    Is it a vinyl folding door or a drape/curtain?

• Joyce Scott Joyce Scott on Oct 10, 2017
    Your door appears to be a hollow core door. I have only seen this tackled by a friend one time. He went to his local Lowe's Home Improvement store where he purchased a small kit designed to patch drywall aka sheetrock. I think it included some self adhesive mesh and some "mud. He used the kit to repair the door and by sanding after each of two applications and being careful to feather the edges, it came out rather nice when the door was repainted. His next renter never noticed.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Oct 10, 2017
    To be very honest with you, it may be easier to just replace the door with another hollw core door. You can usually find these on Craigslist in standard sizes for less than $20. In order to patch it, you would need to buy a patch kit, paint, sandpaper, etc. It would probably be cheaper and much easier to just replace it.

• Janice Griefnow Janice Griefnow on Oct 12, 2017
    Stuff paper inside hole, just enough so you can apply 2 coats of fast set drywall patch, sponge texture last coat before it dries. Prime and paint door.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 15, 2017
    Pappagallo has a good point. Materials and tools are not cheap.