I have an old work bench I want to convert into a bar- any ideas?

+1
It is all wood and has a door and an area that might have had shelves. There are 2 vices and some drilled holes to hold tools. On the top it has a recessed back space about 3 inches wide and full length. I thought this might be good for spices if I made it into a BBQ bar. I don't know where to start I never did this before.
q i have an old work bench i want to convert into a bar any ideas
Video processing... Video processing...
  • Susan Axsom Curtis Susan Axsom Curtis on May 28, 2017
    If the space where the drawers (if you don't have them) used to be , cut out the cross member, and put a small refrigerator.

If you have the drawers use them to hold bbq tools, wood chips for smoking , long bbq mitt, apron, dry spices. If using wet bbq sauce keep it refrigerated

• Patricia Patricia on May 28, 2017
    it looks like a fun project-- some of the space could be a wine rack and even a place for a large container of ice. A top should be easy to find, look in cabinet shops for unused and unwanted pieces of cabinets, even tops-- cut the wrong size and are cheap as they have to use other pieces. If it is to be out side be sure the finish is ready for the weather or rollers if needed. Have a great time with your partys!

• Patti Patti on May 28, 2017
    I fully agree that everyone should be able to do what they want with their own finds, but I am so envious of that work bench as a workbench!!! Would love to have one to use for what it was designed for. I hope it turns out wonderful and you get lots of enjoyment out of it, though it pains me to say so :).

• Scott Scott on May 29, 2017

Use floor molding to make an enclosed space, place beer coasters, coins, whatever, then fill with epoxy. Very COOL with ease clean up.
    Peace out,
    Hippie Juice Man