How can I make a curtain/blind for a small kitchen bow window?

My window over my sink in my kitchen is a west facing bow window. Certain times of the year, like now and spring I need a shade there as it is blinding. To small to make a roman shade and to small for individual blinds. I have looked for a rod that bends with no luck. Even thought about those stretchy rope like hangers but don't think are selling any more and they would need a faster in the corners so a curtain would not move past to open.
  7 answers
  • LD LD on Aug 19, 2015
    Anita, there are curtain rods that are made for bay windows, search by "bay window curtain rods". There is also a swivel head sash rod (commonly used for glass doors) that you could also use depending on the window frame.

  • Eloise Eloise on Aug 19, 2015
    I don't know if this will help, but if you have frames around the window panels, you may be able to use a simple curtain rod and bend it using brackets to hold it in place. I have a large bay window in my kitchen, and it's clear that the rods were bent to fit the window (inherited the window treatment when we bought the house). Here's a picture of what was done. Hope it helps.

  • Linda Hutto Linda Hutto on Aug 19, 2015
    You can use ordinary curtain rods and bend them to fit your window. You will need supports where the rod bends but you can find those at hardware stores. I have a bay window and that's how the decorator hung the valance. Good luck.

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Aug 19, 2015
    Maybe try a tension rod inside the window frame.

  • Susan Kelly Susan Kelly on Aug 19, 2015
    I used wire and cup hooks, at the bend, to hang a valance in my dining room bay window. I was going for a primitive look, put a cup hook at the start then threaded my pieces onto the wire, wrapped it around the cup hook to secure it, then did the same at the bend. Added more pieces of the valance until I got to the next cup hook, wrapped it around again and finished it off the same way. I just cut slits for the wire to slide through my fabric or you could use eyelets on your fabric. Then I curled some wire around and hung it on the cup hooks to sort of finish off the primitive look.

  • SusieB SusieB on Aug 20, 2015
    Small diameter PVC should give you the bend you need and you could use regular cafe rod hardware. You could get creative on the ends to make them decorative - pare down a cork and attach a knob, shell, glass bead.