How can make a 17’ wide drapery rod?

How can make a 17’ wide drapery rod that I can put on metal rings n pull my long drape closed without paying over a $1,000 from a store !

• Cry22488062 Cry22488062 on Jan 29, 2019

What about using industrial pipe to make your curtain rod? You can paint it to match your decor.

• Carolyn Benston Carolyn Benston on Jan 29, 2019

TY kindly The pipe at Home Depot wasn’t strong enough without 3 brackets to hold it n if I put up 3 inside brackets to set the pipe on n They I can’t pull all the metal rings because they would get hung up at the 1 st bracket.

I don’t know where I could buy a really

heavy guage pipe that won’t bend in the center unless u or others could tell me

• Jean Jean on Jan 29, 2019

I’ve used conduit bit it’s heavy! I’ve also used a thicker pvc pipe! My curtains covered the pipe so I glued small wooden balls to each end with a hot glue gun! If the pipe is visible, you may want to spray paint it!

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jan 29, 2019

Use wooden dowel rod lrg diameter one heavy duty bracket in center you'll need to do curtains in 2 sections to go between the brackets.