Where did you get the plantation Shutters for the patio door ?

i have tried to get a quote and been told by Hunter Douglas they can't be installed because I need a 3-5" frame on three sides. I don't see this in the picture. I have tried to find the doors and can't?
q where did you get the plantation shutters for the patio door
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 08, 2017
    I would start with HD or Lowes and find out where to go from there.

• See 1 previous
      Can you build a 5" frame around the doors or have one made?

• Ginny Ginny on Dec 08, 2017
    I have shutters on the bottom of the windows with swags on the top half .

The first co. I purchased from went out of business and their shutters were attached to the window frame. The second co. I used mounted on frames, and I didn't like this at first but have gotten used to it. They are expensive so I did the first floor first then the second floor a year later.

Still want to do two more in my computer rm. but don't have anyone to mount them so will have to go commercial. Have you called Next Day Blinds?

I really like my shutters because you can adjust how you want the light to enter your rm., especially in the summer, and it makes a difference if you have hot summers as we do in Maryland.

Happy Hunting!

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 09, 2017
    Teresa, although the style of shutters in the picture often are installed fitting into an upper and a lower track, (the same as sliding closet doors) they can also be hung the same way as non-shutter style hanging French doors, or hung pocket doors. I do not see a bottom track in the floor in the picture, so I would say that these are hung from the top.Technically, they are not really shutters as they do not swing open on hinges, but are moreso shutter-style sliding doors.
    I agree that in this picture, it does not show clearly where the additonal frame is that accomodates the hanging hardware, especially on the right side. This is probably due to the whole patio door and shutters being constructed and installed at one time, rather than retrofitting new shutter coverings on an existing standard patio doorway.
    If Hunter Douglas has told you they can't be installed, it is most likely because they install shutters only, not hung doors, and the installer person does not build the frame on site. When you purchase custom-made shutters, the shutter panels comef from the factory already attached to the frame. The "installation" is actually the mounting of the frame (with the shutters attached) on to your existing window, or existing window frame.