Cleaning cloudy marble in bathroom shower walls

+15
My bathroom shower is all black marble I cannot get it clean without it becoming cloudy. I need the shine back on the marble. Please help.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 05, 2015
    There are cleaners made especially for marble, however if you have not done so you can try Ammonia or hydrogen peroxide with water or the good old fashioned white vinegar and water.
  • Joan Joan on Nov 05, 2015
    Windex
  • Karen LeDoux Karen LeDoux on Nov 05, 2015
    Try using just plain water mixed half and half with plain white vinegar
  • Esmeralda Paredes Esmeralda Paredes on Nov 05, 2015
    You can use the idea that Karen give to you and add 1/4 cup of baking soda, spray or apply with sponge/or clean cloth let stand for a few minutes [3-5], rinse and dry. you will love it.
  • Millie.Terranova Millie.Terranova on Nov 05, 2015
    vinegar!
  • Z Z on Nov 05, 2015
    Vinegar, Bleach and Ammonia should NOT be used as they will dull the surface of marble and other natural stones. We have Marble in our master bathroom and I follow the information found on the link below. We also squeegee our shower after every use. It's the easiest way to keep any shower surface clean. http://howtocleanmarble.org/how-to-clean-marble-shower/
  • Pat Zagami Pat Zagami on Nov 05, 2015
    After you clean it, put Rainx on it.
  • Z Z on Nov 06, 2015
    Though RainX is a great product, I don't think it's the right one for marble. Their website says it's for wood, brick and concrete. Marble needs a penetrating sealer and as far as I can tell, RainX is a topical and is meant for the outdoors.
  • Susan Susan on Nov 06, 2015
    Use automotive rubbing compound. Amazing results! Five bucks and five minutes...really. Swirl on with the included pad, let dry and wipe off with an old towel. After, be sure to use the correct sealer (or paste wax)) to minimize future hazing. Works on any solid surface, including windows that are hazy (mine were awful where the wind blew water on the glass from our sprinkler system). PS - you don't even have to clean first!
  • Pat Zagami Pat Zagami on Nov 09, 2015
    Rainx is used on the windshield of your car.
    • See 1 previous
    • Z Z on Nov 09, 2015
      @Pat, I added the link from my phone last night just before I went to bed, which is why I didn't add a comment too. I was exhausted and just too darn tired to type on my cell. The RainX for windchields, which I forgot all about before you mentioned it, is great for glass shower doors, but I can't find enough information on it, to know for sure if it would be a safe product to use on marble or other natural stone tiles. I'm glad you mentioned it though because I've always wanted to try it on our automobile windows. That's going on my shopping list.
  • Sherrie Sherrie on Nov 13, 2015
    This is a complex question because you need to know why it is cloudy. You can use denatured alcohol, and you could use a pumice powder. But I think I would use the marble institute of Americas cleaning guidelines. As expensive as marble is don't use rainx, ammonia, bleach or anything else because ones it's damaged it is hard to fix. http://www.marble-institute.com/consumers/care.cfm
  • LD LD on Nov 14, 2015
    Here is a link on how to clean marble. http://howtocleanmarble.org/how-to-clean-marble-shower/
  • Susan Susan on Jul 10, 2018
    The easiest to find is Turtle Wax brand. Walmart's automotive department is where I buy it. You might need a buffer to max out the shine, but it's pretty amazing on it's own. It's a red paste that comes with a sponge you dampen in order to make the compound "loose".
  • Susan Susan on Jul 10, 2018
    Here's what it looks like: