Asked on Dec 6, 2015

Half my string of Christmas lights are out

Mary MJulia TaliaferroMN Mom
+6

Half my string of Christmas lights do not burn, the other half burns fine. I have tried replacing bulbs, and added new fuses. Any one else have this problem or hopefully a solution?
    Janet Pizaro

Its most definately a bulb or broken wire. I just had the same thing an opted for different lights.Trying to find the bad bulb is like looking for a needle in a haystack\. UGH

• Emi Harr
    Emi Harr

I had the same problem, finally had to throw them out, and buy new ones. Must have been a broken wire.

• Gloria McDuffy
    Gloria McDuffy

Pitch them & buy a new string.

• Snapoutofit
    Snapoutofit

There are always deals on string lights. Toss out the old and bring in the new!

• Debbie
    Debbie

Throw them away unless they are on an artificial tree. If they are on an artificial tree,, do not plug them in at all. Replace them with new strings of lights over the old sets.After you decorate your tree, no one will ever notice. Have a SAFE and Happy Holiday.

• Sharon Russell
    Sharon Russell

It frustrates me no end to have this happen. Fortunately, Christmas lights are not expensive any more. Someone once gave me a glass bowl filled with potpourri, with a string of lights in it...topped with a doily that had ribbon and roses intertwined in it. Some of the lights no longer work. I taped over them with electrician's tape, buried that under the potpourri, and still enjoy the rose bowl which emits very little heat but glows softly and emits a wonderful rosy scent.

• MN Mom
    MN Mom

At the end of the season, I buy a couple boxes of lights on clearance to have on hand the following year!

• Julia Taliaferro
    Julia Taliaferro

Toss the lights and buy new ones.

• Mary M
    Mary M

I find is s for the half burned, in wind bottles, around candles in bowls. I hate filling the city dumps with this stuff. On my tree I did have to string a new set, tried to match location of old and then cut plug off old.