Asked on Jan 23, 2012

Replacing screen on screen porch

HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLCEXOVATIONSHudson Designs


Any suggestions for someone to do a small screened in porch? I just need the screen replaced with the hard metal kind. Live in Gwinnett county area
6 answers
  • You mean rolled aluminum or what kind of screening are you looking for? HandyANDY has a Dacula location....we do mostly handyman home repairs & maintenance. There are several other good contractors who post here as well. You can reach Marlene at 678-508-7044 and she can give you a free estimate!

  • Cheryl A
    on Jan 23, 2012

    Yes rolled aluminum (?) we have the black soft type now that was pet proof but it has already been replaced once. The squirrels slide down the screen and have ripped it in several places so we decided to go with the hard metal old type to keep from replacing every few years.

  • Good choice....Marlene can come look at it for you.

  • Hudson Designs
    on Jan 23, 2012

    I also live close by and could repair this for you. I have done many custom screen installs..

    on Feb 6, 2012

    I recommend Parker and Sons- we have used them in the past for this type work and they are cost efficient and wonderful to work with! I am not sure if they are on Hometalk, but here is a link to their website. Good luck to you!

  • Parker and Son does awesome work...we've used them for years as well. They can custom make framed screens and storm windows. Here, it sounds like the homeowner is looking for rolled screen stapled on the edges but thanks for sharing!

Your comment...