Make Your Own Laundry Dryer Sheets

I myself have a lot of allergies. Unfortunately, one of the allergies I have is that I'm allergic to fragrance. They don't sell the Downy Free and Clear in sheets, as yet. I saw this post in Pinterest...and thought what a wonderful solution to my forgetfulness when I forget to add in the rinse cycle. Instead of redoing the rinse cycle....I just throw in one of these in the dryer.
I purchased a couple of sponges, the kind without the scrubbing side, at the dollar store. I cut them in half. I used 1 part downy (or your own brand) to 2 parts water. I put the mixture in one of those dollar store containers, and stirred, then put the sponges in, and put on the top. Now, when I need a 'sheet' for the dryer, I squeezed some of the excess out one of the sponges (back into container), and throw into dryer. When clothes are dry, I remove the sponge and put back into the container where it soaks up the softener/water mixture.
Not only does this work really well.....it is also less expensive, so you save money on softener. I did find that if your doing a load of towels, throw in 2 sponges. Great Idea! I am going to get more sponges! Check out my other projects at: kelleysdiy.wordpress.com

• Fabric Softener  (store)
  • Sponges  (Dollar store)

Kelleysdiy

• Hannah V

A great idea! This is like a cheaper version of what Target sells with the organic reusable dryer balls.

• Kelleysdiy

@Hannah V This is just soooo very helpful to me Hannah with my allergies...I just wanted to pass it on to others if they had the same, or just wanted to save money. Thank you Hannah