RAY H
RAY H
  • Mount Pleasant, SC

I am trying to find a piece like the one in the photo. Any ideas?

JEWEL CCaroline Nold FeltonJanet Schen
+15

This piece is deeper than kitchen cabinets. This will accommodate the larger/wider service dishes. Stained top with pastel / white bottom preferred.
Service Dish storage unit in a B&B in Jamaica
  • Diana K

the bottom component of a discarded or yard saled hoosier or sellers cabinet,or china cupboard

• You could have a cabinet maker build one

• Pat S

I just keep checking local thrift stores till I find the piece I'm looking for...you find it when you least expect it! I'm looking for something like it too...craigs list and flea markets.

• Sheila B

If you are a DIYer, I would purchase unfinished cabinets from a big box hardware store, such as (2) 1door base cabinets & (1) drawer unit, place on a sheet of plywood, cut to size, & add furniture feet you can purchase from the same store. Add edge banding or molding to cover the edges of the plywood.

• RAY H

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. I'm not a DIYer, and just never been able to do furniture work. I'll keep watching craigslist and consignment stores!

• Pat S

try Home Goods too.

• Pam

Also maybe One Kings Lane.

• Stone-Crete Artistry

i know somebody in charleston that can make you one

• RAY H

Thank you Pat - I have been looking at Home Goods. I will do a search in Ballards and One Kings Lane.

• RAY H

Stone-Crete Artistry - Please send along info for your contact in Charleston. Thanks!

• Stone-Crete Artistry

http://www.closetsystemsbytimm.com/ His name is Rob. Great guy!

• RAY H

Thank you Stone-Crete! I sent him an email this evening!

• Whimsy and Wood

An option may be to find a dresser & cut out the rt & left side. Then frame in new doors & hang.

• Janet Schen

If you found 2 upper cupboards at the Habitat Restore or a thrift store (uppers since they're not so deep) and a bank of drawers. You could mount them on a solid bottom piece and add legs. Then add a solid top piece to marry the pieces together, then paint. It'd probably be an inexpensive project, but it'll take a little work.

• Caroline Nold Felton

Go to the internet or any furniture store and look for a console /TV stand...we have one. Look in the ads, They are all over....

• JEWEL C

If you are in Mt Pleasant you could hit some yard sales.Try Isle of Palms , Sullivan Island, John's Island and I know I left some antiques in James Island. When military move they can't always take it all. Your piece looks like an old kitchen cabinet bottom.
    • RAY H

Thank you Jewel! I try to get out on Saturdays to look for this piece, but it is rare I see anything close. I appreciate your reply!
      Ray