Any idea what I can do with this??

Mary leeAgu6626347Cavan Rose
+22

Any ideas. Please
Need ideas thank you
  • Natali
    Natali

можна сделать красивое мягкое кресло

• Anna M.S.
    Anna M.S.

Was all the upholstery and padding already removed when you obtained this gorgeous settee frame? I'd change my relaxed Florida (USA) patio/garden décor to Victorian (?) if I had my hands on it. Oops, is it Victorian in origination?

Janet Pizaro

I would strip the existing paint,sand ,stain and finish with an outdoor sealer and make a planting inside .What a beautiful piece.

• Sonia Morrow
    Sonia Morrow

What a beautiful blank canvass for you. Strip all the paint, then go for it. Let your imagination go crazy. Make it a focal point in any setting you choose.

• Julie Bethel
    Julie Bethel

I would just clean up the wood and reupholster it. it's too beautiful to paint.

• Dusty Cutter
    Dusty Cutter

I would paint it and reupholster it - or elevate it and make it a potting bench - great piece...

• Anita Elaine
    Anita Elaine

I would shorten the cross pieces to make it no more than 12 inches wide, talk my glass man into cutting a mirror for the inset at back, Use slats for seat area and turn it into the fanciest plant holder in town. But then I have a wide covered porch to place it on to have protection from weather.

• Louise Pena-Candelaria
    Louise Pena-Candelaria

No stripping necessary with Chalky paint... Pick an ivory color or duck egg blue and distress it - use a Amber or dark wax to antique it.... Reupholster it with a modern floral or Toile Fabric.... It will be Gorgeous

• Louise Pena-Candelaria
    Louise Pena-Candelaria

The paint I love is Maison Blanche! It's wonderful! Annie Sloan is another great line.

• Lis6058403
    Lis6058403

If you have a granddaughter, and a spare room you could take it apart ,paint white,black, silver or gold or even a bright color and have a room fit for a princess . attach the headboard to the wall and attach the footboard to metal bed frame .

• Louise Pena-Candelaria
    Louise Pena-Candelaria

Here's an example of what I mean.

, This is how it looks
  • Lori Galster
    Lori Galster

I too thought of a bed frame. If you don't have a single bed, I have made one headboard from both pieces for a queen or double by splitting the lower portion, removing the legs, and attaching at each side of the headboard portion. You could easily create an upholstered portion. The other option is to use the back portion over a grouping of artwork or a collection on the wall.

William

I agree with Alecia! Looks like it was a settee at one time! I would definitely sand the wood, paint it, and upholster it. Its too lovely to destroy and it can be beautiful.

• Priscilla G
    Priscilla G

build a new seat to it with a curved short back , upholstery with a modern to early English design, clean the wood leaving it original. Will be a beautiful piece. Alecia and William have great ideas .

• Jeannie
    Jeannie

A beautiful love seat for a foyer maybe. It is really nice.

• Becca
    Becca

Maybe it could be a Dog or Cat bed? I would love to turn it into one for my puppy...

• Kay Rickenbach
    Kay Rickenbach

This would look lovely with rattan wicker wrapped in place of fabric upholster. With a full cushy cushion and a couple throw pillows. In a bright tropical print. The wood is dark so using lighter fabric would draw the richness out of the wood carvings. Then it could be used in a sunny area of a home.

• Mem5664273
    Mem5664273

I agree with William. This is far to exquisite to change its original purpose. A beautiful Victorian fabric such as Victorian rose would be beautiful with a deep red cording around the edges.

• Lus1229377
    Lus1229377

It is beautiful ! I saw something similar to this one as a porch swing.

• Priscilla G
    Priscilla G

When you decide please let us know. This is such a beautiful piece of furniture.

• MlrNV57
    MlrNV57

headboard and footboard for a bed

• Roberta Duffy
    Roberta Duffy

I would take off the back piece and use it for a headboard and color it to your taste then I would take off the arms off the base then use base for a coffee table and the arms can be used for legs on a small table. This piece is a chinese design and may not fit in to your decor thus the transformation.

• Cavan Rose
    Cavan Rose

Depending on what your looking for in furniture and your own color scheme, I would choose a cream colored or off white background material with large floral print. I believe it would make the design and color of the wood pop out. It is a great piece for a sitting room, hallway seating, sun room. It is too beautiful a piece to tear apart and create smaller pieces. I think you would regret it.

• Agu6626347
    Agu6626347

Thank you to all the people, who take their time to answer to my question. Thank you very much. For all the help. I post the picture when is ready. I mean finish.

• Mary lee
    Mary lee

The headboard is a great idea. Then use the base with arms for a bench at the foot of the bed. The arms will need to be upholstered. Form covered with same fabric on bench and headboard. A little plywood and a jigsaw and you can copy the lines of the headboard. I would use a rich pattern with color. No beige for me.