Asked on Jun 7, 2012

Has anyone needed a solution for protecting metal furniture from the elements in an oceanfront location?

Janice WisemanDecorating Den InteriorsD P
+5

I recently got a call from a woman who enjoyed the porch that I'd created for a designer show house in Media Pa. She wanted me to design her porch on Long Beach Island. Almost all of the furnishing fit perfectly. However I had some concerns about the metal club chairs in the salt air. After doing some research I came across a product by Everbrite. Its a clear coating formulated to protect metal surfaces from salt air and corrosion. It is available in satin and matte finish and can be sprayed on. I'm so glad that I will be able to give her the look that she loves with confidence that she and her family will be able to enjoy it for years to come..
the showhouse porch that inspired her
the showhouse porch that inspired her
  • Sherrie S

I don't need the metal protecting but I wanted to comment about the porch. It is beautiful with a perfect setting.

• Decorating Den Interiors

Thanks I'm glad that so many enjoyed it at the designer showhouse.

• Miriam I

Thanks for the tip, and I agree, that porch is beautiful!

• Susan

This is great information, we live on the Gulf Coast and it is so hard to find outdoor furniture that won't rust or corrode so quickly. I'm going to go out and find this product right away.

• Mellisa T

Where can this product be purchased?

• D P

Can you give us a closer look at that ceiling light? This is lovely!

• Decorating Den Interiors

The salinity (salt) level is higher in your area. The product will indeed prolong the furniture's life but it will probably deteriorate in 5-7 yrs.- about the time that you're ready for a new style anyway!

• Janice Wiseman

I live in the bay area, inland from San Francisco. Corrosion, rust, rot, you name it. And, I do not change my style, ever. I will look for that product, and see what it says.