Susan Folds
Susan Folds
  • Moultrie, GA

Coke Bottle Crafts

Katherine DublinskiVicki lynnPerla
+48

I have 23 each 12 oz. Coke Bottles (Glass) - Do you have any ideas what to do with them or should I just throw them away?
q coke bottle crafts, crafts, repurposing upcycling
  • Susan Wilder

i would make drinking glasses

• Becky (J) P

someone will want them, please don't throw away! List on sites like Craigslist, or local facebook resell sites. I have a few on top of my kitchen cabinets, since my kitchen has (sort of) a Coke theme.

• Luly

make a wind chime -

• I think you should throw them away in Belmont NH....I'll give you the address to throw them away at....and money to ship them !

• Tammy Brenner

Drill a hole in the bottom & add lights, Drill 3 holes around the bottom & add a red plate to the bottom & some wire to the top for a bird feeder, hang upside down and add humming bird nozzle for a humming bird feeder, I've done all these with wine bottles. Or cut off the top and fill with wax to make a candle or cut off bottom and hang a votive candle in...do several like this at different levels to make a chandelier. You could also cut off top and put it on the bottom to make a glass. Or if you know someone with a kilm melt them into little cutting boards to give out as gifts. Last idea make into containers for oil & vinegar with a screw pour top...Okay one more if you must rather than throwing away you can always fill with water and put upside down in soil to water a potted plant.

• Kimberly Barney

You can drill a hole in the bottom of each bottle and place them on a rod for a garden totem or place them on several rods enclosed in a frame of wood for a small privacy piece. Definitely do not throw them away.

• Z

I miss the good old days drinking Coke from a glass bottle so I'd keep them to pour Coke from a 2 liter bottle for nostalgia's sake. Yes it would take a bit to pour them in, but if you hold the old bottle at an angle and go slow, it would be SO worth it.

• Leah M

Or make a coke bottle tree, maybe not as colorful as a wine bottle tree, but still interesting

• Lori J

Have you seen the cluster of mason jars tied off with jute and filled with twinkle lights? You could do something like that and add some coke memorabilia. I have a box of commemorative coke bottles and my plan is to to stake them upside down with icicle lights inside them.

• DEBRA MCLAUGHLIN

please dont throw them away.. check the bottle to see how old thay are.. there are alot of collectors out there. my son has been collecting coke things for 15 yrs.. has a room full of different.. ck around try to make something with them or list them on listia.com for free. earn points for something you might want to buy.. cost is free.. i like tammys idea if you have a big porch or deck.. would look nice..good luck. check pinterest too.

• Mary Schroer

Don't throw them away! I wouldn't be drilling or cutting on them either actually many people collect "COKE" merchandise and they will pay very nicely for them. Just get the word out to swap meets, craigs list, flea markets and so on.

• Bobbi

You could use them to make hummingbird feeders! You can buy the feeder tubes from Amazon or a wild bird supply store, they are not very expensive. You could also do an "all-coke" bottle tree.....have fun!

• Anna

The 12oz are easy to come by in Southern California. They are imported from Mexico, where Coke is made with sugar instead of corn syrup.

• Z

I've heard there is a couple small grocers that carry Coke from Mexico. One of these days I want to get me some. Now that's the REAL thing.

• Susan Folds

We got these from Sam's - Thanks everyone - I got lots of good ideas - now I just need to decide which one to do.

• Anna

@ @Z In Southern California the Vallarta grocery chain carries the glass bottles with Coke made with real sugar.

• Z

Thank you @Anna I realize now I forgot to add "in Omaha" when I mentioned there were a couple small grocers that sold it. My hubby works in Northern Cali four days a week so I'll have to have him check the grocers there and see if it's okay for him to bring some back in his checked luggage. If now we'll have to get some next time I go with him.

• Anna

@Becky Have him check in the Mexican markets.

• Janice Bryson

use as holders for tiki torches

• Sherry L

Do they have the city where they were make on the bottom? If they do they are worth something. If no city probably not.

• Jackie Thomas

send them to me I am decorating my kitchen in coke :)

• LaJean Dowty

you can still buy these in the stores, Super Saver in my town still sells them

• Carol

Make drinking glasses and flower vases ....... that is , if they are not worth any money ..... :)

• Cheryl Middendorf

I would make lights out of them.

• Barbara I

A couple years ago I bought a Coke wind chime...they flatten the bottles and put it on a sign with coke red that said....Don't you just hate it when the COKE goes flat...they really don't in my house but this just one more idea...

• De Cardin

I don't know I have the small ones and they are collectors, and coke is still in them

• Cra208134

My children had a third grade teacher who made sand bottles every year with her class. She used Coke bottles and colored sand. Use a rubber hammer to tamp layers of sand as you add them and finish with a cork in the bottle. My kids are 27 and 29 and they still have their sand bottles from that project. Tapping the top of the bottle frequently with the rubber mallet keeps the sand from moving in the bottle if it is turned over. If you don't want to do this project yourself, perhaps a teacher in a local school or preschool would have a use for the bottles. I would inquire before disposing of them.

• Debbie S

Do NOT throw them away . . . don't drill or do anything to them as of now . . . just hang on to them . . get a box w/separators in them . . . . and just keep them for a couple of years. . . never know . . . . they may become valuable ( for your grandchildren, or great grandchildren), and the way things are going here . . . you may want them to put up some sauces/ketchup, etc . . . and just pass them down to family . . never know. . . coke maybe extent some day . . .

• Kristine Fiddelke

You can make Wind Chimes or Luminaries out of them. Very Easy and entertaining.

• Patricia Shear

No don't throw them away, sell them on EBay, there are a lot of collectors that would love to have them. I know because I collect Coke items.

• Carol F

you can make an awesome light fixture with those

• Colleen

Create some kind of end table with wooden boards and lighting. Try not to change the condition of the bottles, build around them.

• Dee S

melt them down flat put hooks in the tops and make wind chimes out of them

• Dennisa Peralta

I say cut off the bottoms (set aside) then make the remaining top portion of the bottle into pendant lighting over a dining area.....wet bar area......or kitchen sink area with red accents or coca cols decor items. Yep that's my 2cents

• Ram208191

just recycle them...if no money value...or give it away for free or bid them online@ ebay and make $ on it and donate it to charity that way you made someone happy:) and you can deduct that to your tax later...makes sense

• Renee Warren

Renee Warren Don't throw them away send them to me I'm an avid collector of Coca Cola ...these glass Coke bottles are collectors items...PLEASE don't throw them away or alter them...let me know if you want to send them to me

• Carol M

You can also sell them to an antique dealer . They will probably be happy to buy them..

• Cindy Wood

Cut the tops off and make drinking glasses out of them.

• Renae Wilson

These things are the best!

• Wendy Dressing

I am interested in them as well. my husband is an avid collector and would love to add these to it. I would be willing to pay all the shipping costs as well. let me know if you are willing. thanks

• Debbie Honeycutt

I would hang on to them. I have a lot of Pepsi bottles that are worth some money. These probably will be one of these days also. Never know. Good Luck with whatever you do with them.

• Mar208288

I had mine melted down flat with fishing line in them. Found pieces of old wood (driftwood, forest wood) and made wonderful sounding wind chimes. I only put 3 on each one because of the weight. They made wonderful and unique gifts.

• Susan Folds

These are NOT old coke bottles- We just bought them from Sam's in Georgia - They are NOT collector Bottles

• Cln208319

I have one still unopened from the Olympics in Atlanta - how do I sell to a collector? Its a one time prod made in Atlanta for Olympics and is a collector's item to someone am sure.

• Wendy

I would make a chandelier out of them!!!! Would be really neat in a family or game room!!!!

• Victoria Muzik

I LIKE THE CHANDELIER IDEA OR DECORATIVE LIT SHELF SUPPORT BY A HOME BAR.

• Perla

podria HACER Una fuente con la bese de herreria

• Vicki lynn

I would make a chandelier with them

• Katherine Dublinski

I make Shot Glass and Chaser sets out of them. See my site Bottled Reflections on Facebook and Esty.com

q coke bottle crafts, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Coca Cola Shot glass and chaser setq coke bottle crafts, crafts, repurposing upcycling