How-to Make a Chalkboard Wall in Your Home Office/Craft Room

Another craft room project is complete! Check out my Chalkboard Wall! It's actually more than just a chalkboard wall. Click over to the blog for all the details! http://www.houseontheway.com/chalkboard-wall-home-officecraft-room/
Chalkboard wall in the home office/craft room.
A shelf holds pails with supplies like chalk and erasers while a curtain rod holds a roll of craft paper that I cut off to cover my craft table when working on a project.
DIY Sunburst mirror is a great touch to the wall.
A stool sits at the wall to use if you need to write on the wall in an area that is out of reach.
A Chalkboard wall allows you to make notes and keep track of upcoming events and dates.
A chalkboard wall is a great addition to a craft room!

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
House on the Way - Leslie

• Amy
    Amy

I have a chalkboard wall but I find it's very hard to keep clean-any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

• Lindsay
    Lindsay

I love this so much! Would love to do a whole wall on my child's room but am worried about clean up and chalk stain issues so I decided to do a framed chalkboard. My question is though... do you need to prime before using chalkboard paint? And what types of canvas can it be painted on besides a wall? Don't know much about this kind of paint. Would love to find a DIY on how to make the paint myself (suggestions welcome) as I am on a very tight budget for things like this. Anyway, beautiful craft room! I love the whole thing!

• Cat33355350
    Cat33355350

I did a chalkboard picture frame. I used an old 10x14 frame I no longer wanted for photos. This was more useful for me since I could change my mind and place the frame wherever I needed it. Love your office!

• Melinda
    Melinda

This looks really neat, but I do not see any instructions as to how to do it. There is a url to some other site but does not click