How-to Make a Chalkboard Wall in Your Home Office/Craft Room

Another craft room project is complete! Check out my Chalkboard Wall! It's actually more than just a chalkboard wall. Click over to the blog for all the details! http://www.houseontheway.com/chalkboard-wall-home-officecraft-room/
Chalkboard wall in the home office/craft room.
A shelf holds pails with supplies like chalk and erasers while a curtain rod holds a roll of craft paper that I cut off to cover my craft table when working on a project.
DIY Sunburst mirror is a great touch to the wall.
A stool sits at the wall to use if you need to write on the wall in an area that is out of reach.
A Chalkboard wall allows you to make notes and keep track of upcoming events and dates.
A chalkboard wall is a great addition to a craft room!

House on the Way - Leslie

• Amy

I have a chalkboard wall but I find it's very hard to keep clean-any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

• Lindsay

I love this so much! Would love to do a whole wall on my child's room but am worried about clean up and chalk stain issues so I decided to do a framed chalkboard. My question is though... do you need to prime before using chalkboard paint? And what types of canvas can it be painted on besides a wall? Don't know much about this kind of paint. Would love to find a DIY on how to make the paint myself (suggestions welcome) as I am on a very tight budget for things like this. Anyway, beautiful craft room! I love the whole thing!

• Cat33355350

I did a chalkboard picture frame. I used an old 10x14 frame I no longer wanted for photos. This was more useful for me since I could change my mind and place the frame wherever I needed it. Love your office!

• Melinda

This looks really neat, but I do not see any instructions as to how to do it. There is a url to some other site but does not click