Posted on Facebook by a Friend I Want Share With My Hometalk Friends

Nancy TurnerToo12212349Shui
+5

Naturally Repair Wood With Vinegar and Canola Oil. So, for a super cheap, use 3/4 cup of oil, add 1/4 cup vinegar. white or apple cider vinegar, mix it in a jar, then rub it into the wood. You don’t need to wipe it off; the wood just soaks it in.
  • Waysouth
    Waysouth

it's a refreshing change to see real wood being restored and being de- stressed rather than distressed. Good tip, thanks. I remember in my Grandmothers house part of the Spring cleaning ritual was wiping down the furniture with vinegar and water prior to re waxing

• Cheryl
    Cheryl

Thank you so much for that tip Luis. And thats how its comes out if the wood is varnished?

• Patricia Mcivor
    Patricia Mcivor

My son bought an early 1900 lounge with cane sides and original tapestry cushions with springs. Tapestry is in great condition. Will definetly try this on the wood. Thanks

• Marion Nesbitt
    Marion Nesbitt

Does it have to be Canola oil?

• Shui
    Shui

So cool, I am so gonna try that
  • Too12212349
    Too12212349

Thanks, It works great, tried a month ago and wood stills looks good
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I definitely will try this! I would much rather repair the finish than paint good wood furniture. I guess I just like the wood finishes, I only have one thing painted in my house and that was a chest of drawers that my mom painted with glossy black paint years ago to put in her craft room (I do have one homemade fishtank stand that was painted black just because it was easier to have a water resistant finish).