Repurposing glass

+12
I used a lot of wooden frames for a different DIY project I made, and now have many square shaped glass leftover.

Any ideas what to do with this?
q re purposing glass
  • Shui Shui on Dec 19, 2016
    You can paint them and use it for your next art project
  • Aryeh Aryeh on Dec 19, 2016
    You can cut a hole in a door and create a window (perhaps on a side door, or porch door).
  • Miri Stoner---- Miri Stoner---- on Dec 19, 2016
    You can make a back splash out of them. If you put a texture behind it, it could look very cool.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 19, 2016
    Make stained glass and use them in your windows or hang them outside.
  • William William on Dec 19, 2016
    You can tape five to form a square with an open bottom, a piece of wood for a base and use as a display case. You can make a terrarium. Love Janet's stained glass idea.
  • Karen Rae Lvine Karen Rae Lvine on Dec 19, 2016
    If they're thick enough, you can make a tray (or two or three for gifts) by placing it in an upside-down wooden frame. Paint the frame and screw in handles, one on each side. You can even use knobs as "feet." Another idea is to spray the glass with "mirror" spray paint. I've used Krylon Looking Glass Silver. (Spray light coats.) I don't know the size or if they'd fit ready-made frames, but it's an idea!
  • Sandra Rhodes Sandra Rhodes on Dec 20, 2016
    Need advice on how to do backsplash glass .
  • Lynn Weiler Lynn Weiler on Dec 21, 2016
    Get mirror paint and spray one side of the glass. When dry you can put either rubber stick-on feet or glue a piece of felt to the side you just painted. Use as a base for a table arrangement. I put a crystal bowl with colorful Christmas ornaments on top of the mirrored glass as a table centerpiece (I used a felt backing since the glass was very old and thin).
  • Pam Walker Pam Walker on Dec 23, 2016
    STAINED GLASS CANDLE HOLDERS - Lay the glass down over a picture of any kind. Trace your picture using the black. Color in using the glass paints. Let dry several hours until it's dried completely. Using fish tank glue, glue the pieces of glass together. Drying time is on the package. Glue to a precut base & once that's dried & cured, you're done. Place a candle inside & turn out the lights. It's beautiful!! Warning: THIS can be addictive because there's sooo many different ones you can create. GOOD LUCK
  • Kim Salmi Kim Salmi on Dec 23, 2016
    Use them for pressed flower art : )
  • Sue Peet Sue Peet on Jan 11, 2017
    What about using it with candles, colored glass marbles as a centerpiece. Just place a candle in the center of the glass then add the marbles. Also, if you have a village scene for Christmas the glass could be used as ice for the skaters.
  • Pat Pat on Jan 11, 2017
    Put under live plants to prevent ruining the table or floor surface , since the pot may be dampish.
  • Rebecca D Rebecca D on Jan 22, 2017
    Use them on top of dressers or end tables. Coffee tables!! Imagination can go a long way.
    I use mine on top of my dressers as well to protect the wood.
    Rebecca D