How do you remove a pot filler?

+4
I want to remove the pot filler above my stove. Ideas? Thanks!
  • Meburke Meburke on Feb 04, 2017
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯you call a plumber! Y would u want too? That's an expensive addition,I'd push it flat againist the wall & ignore it.I'd never remove it! Great for resale value! I'd love to have had one,but no water lines& was told @least one thousand in costs to run a water line under my floor sink side to my gas stove side of kitchen .leave it!
  • William William on Feb 04, 2017
    I agree with Meburke! That is an expensive feature to install and a big plus. If you REALLY want to remove it post a photo. It can be removed, but in a way that it can be reinstalled in the future. Or just move it out of the way!
  • Dodie Woolem Dodie Woolem on Feb 04, 2017
    It leaks like crazy if you use the outside faucet. Have no idea how the two are connected!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 05, 2017
    I agree, you're going to tneed a professional for this on. good luck
  • K K on Feb 05, 2017
    If you remove it there's a good chance there will be a leak somewhere else when you turn on the outside faucet. Or there may already be a leak in the wall that you can't see.
    Something is not installed correctly.
    We have a "frost-free" outdoor faucet. One spring we turned it on and immediately had a huge flood in the basement. somehow the last bit of pipe going to it had frozen and cracked over the winter.
  • Sandra Cameron Sandra Cameron on Feb 06, 2017
    Of course, you must start with that call to the plumber. Leaking water just gets more expensive as time goes by. Once your leak is fixed, you could put a false wall to cover the pot filler. You could even use part of the space to create storage.