Asked on Apr 1, 2017

Need cheap ideas for a concrete slab

Izell WilsonJacky ArsenaultDarline
+6

I have a 8 x 10 concrete slab in the back corner yard which is in the fence in area. Use to have a shed on it but I took it down when I bought the home. this is not my slab but very similar and mine is located in sunny area. There are two sides that butt up against the dog ear fence I have. The old metal trim from bottom of shed is embedded into the concrete and pad is not level as when it rains the water pools. Cheap ideas needed I already have a fire pit area , there is no shade near the pad. I thought about doing some raise beds on the pad and putting a fence around the area to keep out critters/dogs. Beyond that .......Thanks home talkers for your ideas:)
  • SMC
    SMC

If you garden, sounds like a perfect place for a mini greenhouse.
  • Diane Streb
    Diane Streb

I like the raised bed idea, especially with a fence barrier to keep out critters!
  • Tracy Kester-Evans
    Tracy Kester-Evans

Greenhouse is a great idea or build a trellis. Grow grapes on it for a shady sitting area in the summer.
  • Debby Stinson-Ellis
    Debby Stinson-Ellis

I saw this idea online. They planted sunflowers in a circle and during the summer time they reached about 10ft tall giving lots of shade. In the center chairs created a wonderful place to retreat to read.
  • Judy Ferrell
    Judy Ferrell

If you use this to make raised beds, be sure to put down something to prevent the concrete from leaching through. It will and can kill your plants. Also be careful about the wood you use to make the beds. Do not use the pre-treated stuff.
  • D roach
    D roach

put a small round table and chairs on it and a few pots and enjoy your breakfast on it.
  • Darline
    Darline

Do a cheap resurface, pea gravel mixed in concrete. That should be easy to level. Then, use containers to grow tall shady plants. If you are in the right area, bamboo would be nice, and make a good privacy screen. I would add some sort of enjoyable seating, maybe even a hammock. Put some smaller containers with flowers and enjoy your outdoors.

• Jacky Arsenault
    Jacky Arsenault

wood fired sauna.

• Izell Wilson
    Izell Wilson

How to remove stains on concrete