Asked on Apr 20, 2017

What's the Best brand of windows?

Rebecca DurnalWilliamSako Marlin
+5

William

Anderson, Pella, Marvin, And Jeld-Wen.
    • Richard Milton
      Richard Milton

Please do not be fooled. You are paying for a name. Call a local small company, ask him. I use windows plus in Pensacola, Fl.
  • I have used both Anderson and Jeld-Wen. Happy with both companies. Purchase the best you can afford, it does makea difference in your heating and cooling costs.
  • We28518635
    We28518635

Not Andersen; every display home we were in had rain spots on
    the window sills.
    • B. m
      B. m

that is because the used the cheapest sill options, or they had water marks because they were not installed properly.

• Sako Marlin
    Sako Marlin

In my south Fl home I had Anderson double hung and casement windows as well as a sliding door. 14 years and 2 hurricanes later they were all still water and airtight.
    William

Yep, Richard, you are paying for the name, but also the reputation. The smaller companies have lower quality windows made for them by the big names in with their logo on them. Widows Plus is a distributor of the lower grade windows from the big brands. You get what you pay for. Drive around and look at windows on homes. The cheaper windows look like they are collapsing in the center, which means the seal is about to give.
  • Rebecca Durnal
    Rebecca Durnal

We got replacement windows from Champion. The windows are great but the people are even better. All of their installers are factory trained so there is no dealing with subcontractors. They also have a great warranty and stand by their product. Sometimes it is just not worth it to "do it yourself".