Asked on Apr 22, 2017

My concrete step has chunk broken off. What is a good way to fix it?

CPennie1958Yofrendonna
+5

It has cracked top and bottom step.
  • Mary M Braunlich
    Mary M Braunlich

We had this issue last summer on our steps and my hubby used QuickCrete and followed this tutorial and all worked out great!
  • LizQ
    LizQ

After using the QuickCrete, the patch may show due to a difference in texture/color. I'd lay pretty tiles on all the steps to camouflage it and dress up the steps. Be sure to choose a tile that won't be slippery when it's wet. Tiles used around pools or on bathroom floors would be a good choice.
  • Yofrendonna
    Yofrendonna

i have similar problem in my garage. Problem is that my cement floor has a finish to it. It's shiny. How do I match that?
  • C
    C

We had a 6" X 6" X 6" triangular corner break off. My husband drilled screws into the broken thick part of the cement and left them sticking out so the new cement would have something to hold on to. He then built a wooden form with a bottom piece so the new cement would not leak out and propped it tightly against the corner to be repaired. He added the cement making sure it was not sloppy. This worked great and our porch was repaired for the next 6 years and as far as I know, still is.
  • Pennie1958
    Pennie1958

take a heavy duty box tape to step pour quick cement let sit till hardened if need be paint steps with non slip finish
  • C
    C

He was a great man and I do miss him terribly. Taught me a lot about construction and many other things. Had a major stroke 5 years ago and passed.