Asked on Apr 29, 2017

Paint color suggestions?

Mar13620117ElaineJoyce
+12

My house siding is taupe, white trim, dark red front door. Cement front porch. I am painting a rocking chair and small table to go on the small porch. I was thinking of dark red for both. Any other suggestions, combinations? Thanks!
Hope this shows the front porch. Looks like just the grass on my post...
  • Liz6281331

My house is the same colours combination,I have black iron chair and table.
  • You have a very neutral backdrop. Do you want to go bold? Or blend in? Since you have a red door, you could match the door color as you were thinking of doing. Or pick any color that pleases you. If it were me - i would match the door color otherwise it starts getting "busy" and you can add pops of other color with pillows, garden art and other plants. Maybe a couple pots painted the same color too.
  • Kelly

I think a nice evergreen color would look good, not too bright, you don't want christmas. Can you add some shutters beside that big window? I also like the black idea, but I have trouble with black fading terribly. Good luck and do post your final transformation.
    • Mar13620117

Really dont want to do shutters as they would have to be too wide for this size window to fit in the space I have on each side. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Kathy Bitzan

My daughter had those colors and the contractor added black to some of the rain gutters and her front door. Really looked amazing. But I like a rich ruby red for doors myself.
  • Linda Wilson

Red!
  • Michele Pappagallo

I like the black idea...or if you want a nice pop of color, you could try something a little different like and aqua. I also think white chairs would look pretty and crisp there against the neutral porch.

• Joyce

Black with black shutters and black iron pot with red geraniums!
  • Elaine

Personally, I would love to see that door painted an Eggplant color and a light/medium-gray for the rockers then a few cushions in Eggplant. Some pots or urns filled with Russian Sage would be lovely and very different than everyone else on the street. If you want to keep the door red, gray rockers would be nice then a few cushions in red and white. I'd then have lots of white flowers in my urns or pots. White flowers show up amazingly well after dusk.
  • Mar13620117

Like the pots of flowers idea