Patsy
Patsy
Asked on Apr 29, 2017

I have an old concrete birdbath in need of repair?

PatsyWilliam861650
+7

It has over time developed a hole in the bowl . I need to know the best way to repair it. The hole is about the size of a quarter and growing. Thanks
q i have an old concrete birdbath in need of repair
  • Bev

I'd use 'Quickrete'.... it's a quick set concrete that adheres to concrete (regular concrete does NOT stick to regular concrete). Clean the hole, make sure there are no loose pieces of concrete or stones, rinse and fill with Quickrete.... best repair material, especially if you need to mold or shape (a gloved finger will work as well as a trowel on large surfaces).
  • C.B.

Jetset concrete mix is the quickest drying & is used by septic tank installers to put risers on septic tanks. Wear gloves, because you really DONT want to get this one your skin! You could put a thin coat inside your bird bath & it'll seal it well.

www.eliteconcreterestoration.com/blog/fix-concrete-garden-statue-or-birdbath/
  • Dav12484437

We used Flex Seal (which is advertised on TV and available in hardware stores) to mend our birdbath. Make sure to clean the patches well with a brush before applying.
  • Patti Clemmer Bridges

make up some concrete and fill in the hole or make a pretty planter out of it
  • 861650

As a last resort, you can plant flowers or some type of greenery in it. I did this for my mother and it turned out beautifully.
  • Patsy

Thanks!