Susan
Susan
  • Canada

Is this trend over (stacked stone)?

Rbr14946817JudyCarey Conzett
+4

I'm in the Toronto area. We are thinking of doing one of these 2 looks with our fireplace. The full wall would be easier. FYI we don't have the wall of windows in the part wall room picture
q is this trend over stacked stone
q is this trend over stacked stone
  • Sharon

I think stone will always be in fashion as a fireplace surround, I like the floor to ceiling or the photo of the above the mantel treatment. If you are looking to resell your home in the future - I would not do the full wall, it doesn't have as great appeal.
    Just look at all those 70s homes with full brick walls, people trying to decide what to do.
  • Gma Kirk

The full wall will be a good bit more expensive, and would be a LOT of stone. It's also something to consider you may tire of it. In my opinion, the first is a better option, but it is YOUR room, so in the end, yours is the only option that truly counts.
  • Diana Cooper

Definately fireplace!
  • Nancy Gramm

I really like the first picture and it would probably look the least dated in years to come.
  • Carey Conzett

I can't help myself. I am addicted to natural/rustic looks so the full wall gets my vote. I never get tired of it.

• Judy

I like the full wall too....don't like the over the fireplace...does not look balanced....to top heavy. Plus if you use real stone...remember the weight.
  • Rbr14946817

over the fireplace. Other is definitely too much rock.