I need ideas on a base for a 7'x7' shed (plastic like for Menard's)

+5
Going to be put over a tapered from each side in back yard. The lawn was sloped for each side for better drainage from the patio. I was wondering if post holding up the timbers (treated that I will use) like 6"x 6". or to se them on concrete block. I canfigure out the stringers I think. But just advice on the what the set the timbers on.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 24, 2017
    You can get some concrete blocks and lay 2x4s over it to make a secure base.
  • C.B. C.B. on May 26, 2017
    My suggestion is to concrete in 4x4 metal brace holders & set in 4x4 treated timbers leveling them as you go to ensure a level shed surface], put down the floor [unless it comes with the shed], attach the shed o the support beams & you are good to go!
    • Lawrence Kohlberg, Lawrence Kohlberg, on May 26, 2017
      I was thinking of some kind of brakets to fasten the timbers on the corners. was thinking L shaped brackets and then also long big screws through the timbers them selves. Also was thinking of using those steel things you pound in the ground and set fence post in. Expensive though, but easy to do if that would work. Are these brackets you mentioned the kind you would cement in?

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on May 26, 2017
    Use foundation blocks that are made especially to hold timbers for projects like this. Just make sure they are level and then put your stringers over them for the building. You can get these at most home centers.
    I never thought of those kinds of Blocks, thanks.
  • C.B. C.B. on May 28, 2017
    ..Yes, they are...they make different kinds...the kind that are concreted in have a small rod that extends out from about the middle of the main post that extends down; but you can use either one [with or without the rod]. They are worth the cost in the long run.
  • Lawrence Kohlberg, Lawrence Kohlberg, on May 28, 2017
    Thanks every one for your replies. I think I have it figured out now. Heading to the improvement center this week.