Asked on Jun 13, 2017

How to get rid of ants naturally

Angela CosnerCindyCori Widen
+4

• SandyG
    SandyG

Diatomaceous Earth (often referred to as "DE") is an off white talc-like powder that is the fossilized remains of marine phytoplankton. When sprinkled on a bug that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) it compromises their waxy coating so that their innards turn into teeny tiny bug jerky.
  • Teres
    Teres

I don't know how natural this is, but if you can find the point of entry, sprinkle baby powder in the area and it will stop them from coming in.
  • Teres
    Teres

I've also tried peppermint oil and tea tree oil mixed together and placed in the areas you see ants. The smell can be strong though, so use it sparingly.
  • Vikki Green
    Vikki Green

With vinegar and dish liquid
  • Cori Widen
    Cori Widen

Do you mean indoors? If yes, you should try cinnamon! We put this around the perimeter of our counters in the kitchen and it helped immensely!
  • Cindy
    Cindy

COFFEE GROUNDS to get rid of ants. I always save grounds and let them dry. Sprinkle where the ants are "bugging" you and...no more ants.

• Angela Cosner
    Angela Cosner

diatomacious (I haven't a clue how to spell it!) earth could help