Asked on Jun 14, 2017

What are the best but cheapest power tools?

Lisa Lee BernierAllyn PhillipsWilliam
+5

Asking because I need tools for my son who is studying carpentry.
  • Larry Birutta
    Larry Birutta

Ryobi
  • Dottie Ann
    Dottie Ann

Dewalt is good
  • Maria
    Maria

If you have a local Harbour Freight Tool store they have good brands and for as little as 100 bucks you can create a starter tool box. We did this for our son.
  • Kenna
    Kenna

Best and cheap do not always coexist in the same sentence. Craftsman is a decent brand and can be purchased at Walmart.. you might also see if your area has a tool lending or rental site. I have done that in my suburban community for power tools that I didn't use often enough to purchase or store.
  • Cori Widen
    Cori Widen

DeWalt is good - we have a few. Good luck to your son! Very exciting!
    William

Dewalt, Ryobi, Skil, Black and Decker, Porter Cable. Don't like Harbor Freight for power tools. Cheap Chinese stuff that is inaccurate and doesn't last. You get what you pay for.
  • Allyn Phillips
    Allyn Phillips

I have a mix of Dewalt & Porter Cable. I just retired a Harbor freight miter saw, I got tired of having to square the blade every time I used it plus the laser never worked. Replaced with Dewalt 10 inch miter saw.
  • Lisa Lee Bernier
    Lisa Lee Bernier

Dewalt