How do I paint a chipped paint bird bath easily?

+7
I am too old to do a lot of sanding etc but was hoping there is something out there that will cover the birdbath in a step or two.
Thank you for your help.

• Karen Krysowaty Karen Krysowaty on Jul 28, 2017
    Use a wire brush and brush the areas and clean them out. You didn't mention if it is an concrete birdbath so I am assuming it is. Get some concrete paint from you home improvement store and then paint. They can help you with the type of paint you need
    You can also use the Rustoleum spray paint that looks like stone. Gives a unique finish
    • MArtha MArtha on Jul 28, 2017
      Thank you for both ideas. I am assuming I still need to use a wire brush with the Rustoleum. May give this a try.
  • Urin Goodhanz Urin Goodhanz on Jul 28, 2017
    Concrete paint that has a primer in it already...you'll get 6-7 years outdoors.
    Just a lite brush to clear out any loose pieces. Have fun and I actually love the rustoleum look and I used it on a set of planters for that concrete look without the weight Good luck Martha
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 28, 2017
    Citristrip works on concrete as well , to strip away chipping paint . That should make repainting it so much easier .
  • Leah Leah on Jul 30, 2017
    I'm interested in doing this with my birdbath, too. Is any of this harmful to the birds, does anyone know?