Asked on Aug 8, 2017

Any ideas on how to add length to a comforter

ReneeRudyKaren Krysowaty
+15

My mattress is too thick for the king comforter to cover. Any ideas on how to add length without too much sewing

• Kim
    Kim

How about buying a king size bed spread then laying the comforter on top for a layered look. No sewing required!
    😊
  • Karen Krysowaty
    Karen Krysowaty

Find a fabric that you can cut and add to both sides of the comforter-you can even use a sheet. You can then attach it with quick stitch. Super easy
    Janet Pizaro

How about just getting a dust ruffle
    • Carmen
      Carmen

I have a bedskirt, but because the mattress is so thick, the comforter doesn't cover the mattress.
  • 2dogal
    2dogal

You can use fusible webbing that iron's on and is washable to attach more material.
  • Kim Dishaw
    Kim Dishaw

Maybe a light weight blanket that compliments the color of your comforter, that is a little larger than your comforter.
    • Carmen
      Carmen

Thanks Kim, great idea, because I was trying to avoid doing any sewing.
  • Susan Helen Botha
    Susan Helen Botha

Add a rolled trim to the edge. Not only does it give it length but it gives it style as well. You could always go for a plain color that is in the comforter for that something extra.
  • SandyG
    SandyG

Put your comforter on and then find a sheet that matches or contrasts (depending on your taste) and fold in half or thirds and lay it across the bottom and let hang over the end of your bed to cover the mattress.
  • Kat22094991
    Kat22094991

Liquid stitch work well or run some Velcro with a sticky back so you can remove it if you dry clean the spread
  • Add a border all the way around in a coordinating fabric. All straight seams, you can do this!
  • Judy
    Judy

Is this handmade, or store boughten? If it knitted, just pick up the stiches and knit more rows .. this can be done, very easy. If it is store boughten, then add some pieces, and you can choose which pattern you want, and put padding inside it, before you sew it together. Take this to a sewing store if you don't know what to do. They may help you, and help you get more matching colors so this is not easily spotted by others. J.
  • Carmen
    Carmen

The best responses was a light weight blanket to compliment the comforter
  • Karen Krysowaty
    Karen Krysowaty

No sewing with Quick Stich or Liquid Stitch It is like a glue that kind of fuses the fabrics together with no sewing and it works great. NO SEWING
  • Rudy
    Rudy

I think fringe might work, it comes in many lengths and colors. Lynne
  • Renee
    Renee

I am having the same issue. I am thinking about buying a fabric and sewing it on around my comforter. Maybe just three sides. HELP