Why are some tomato plants I have have white spots on the leaves ?

+4
Others have dead leaves . I'm still getting tomatoes off them. But the plants look bad

• Brenda Shelley Imsho Brenda Shelley Imsho on Aug 11, 2017
    need to consistently water at the same rate and fertilize every 3-4 weeks. Suckering will lessen the amount of tomatoes but they should be larger
  • Suzette Suzette on Aug 11, 2017

Good luck!
  • Cindy Cindy on Aug 11, 2017
    I recommend pinching off any branches that have dead leaves on them. You should pinch off the suckers that grow down low. That will help to keep the plants healthy. The white spots are probably mildew. To rid the entire plants from becoming infected with mildew you can dissolve a teaspoon of banking soda and a drop of liquid soap in 2 gallons of water. It would be best to put this solution in a spray bottle and spray all your tomato plants. I hope this helps you. Good luck and Happy Gardening.
  • Marta Marta on Aug 11, 2017
    Try to give the plant a little shower with dish soap. I did to my mint plant and it worked.
  • Celeste Mandley Celeste Mandley on Aug 12, 2017
    are they planted near a walnut tree? Walnut trees and tomato plans can not share the same soil.
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Aug 13, 2020

Hi Faith, this might sound crazy but add banana peels and a little beer around the plants. Dig a hole near or at the roots and drop in 2 banana peels and cover. The plants will absorb the nutrients from the peels and the beer and the condition of the plants will GREATLY improve. It also helps keep the bugs away.