I need help with a leak under my kitchen sink

+4
When I run my faucet in the kitchen. Water is leaking under my sink, What could be the problem?

• Peg Peg on Aug 24, 2017
    Somewhere beneath the sink is a leak. I would turn off the water beneath the sink and check into what is leaking. Once you know exactly where it is leaking you can deal with it.
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 24, 2017
    Hello Cgathers; More than likely there is a problem with one of the pipes.
    I just had this issue, a couple of weeks ago, under my kitchen sink.
    I found the leak, but......I am glad that I called a plumber, as he ended up replacing the pipe.
    I would contact a Plumber or a Handy Man, if I were you.
    I hope that this helps you!! Take Care!

• Bernadette Staal Bernadette Staal on Aug 24, 2017
    call a plumber
  • Pat Pat on Aug 24, 2017
    This was happening with mine & I checked underneath with a flashlight & found that the (old) dishwasher was leaking whenever I did a load but in between using, there were no leaks. Good luck.

• Sharon Sharon on Aug 24, 2017
    I would start by cleaning out the trap, the U-shaped piece.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5le2ZFCQjM
  • William William on Aug 24, 2017
    One of the connections is leaking under the sink. You need to get under there with a flashlight, turn the faucet on and locate the leak. It may be something you can fix. It may not even be the faucet. It could be a leaking P trap or drain connection.