Asked on Sep 13, 2017

Would like to fill cracks in cement side walk.

Michelle LeslieBarbRuth Griffith
+6

• Ken
    Ken

I went to homedepot.com and typed in "sidewalk crack filler", what your question suggests that you are seeking. Only came back with one product, a Quickrete Concrete Crack Seal. That's what I would try first.
  • 2dogal
    2dogal

Clean out the cracks then use Quikrete Concrete Crack Seal. It comes in a large squeeze bottle already mixed. Worked well for me.
  • Lor24490907
    Lor24490907

Is the walk on your property? If this is a city sidewalk contact the city about maintenance. Sadly, my experience with cracked cement is that do it yourself repairs tend to look pretty bad. You might contact a paving pro to see if it's worth the effort, or better to replace the walkway.
  • Dot
    Dot

for exposed aggregate: clean cracks (best if pressure wash) with small stiff brush. Use Quickcrete Sand Topping Mix and Concrete Bonding Adhesive for use on existing concrete. These can be purchased at Lowe's and are not expensive and come in small enough amounts so small loss if you don't like it. It worked for me on restoring some large faux boulders I made 20 years ago. As will all successful projects, proper prep is key. Practice in area not so noticeable. Well worth the time!
  • Christine
    Christine

I bought something at Lowe's. I don't remember the name of it but if you go in and ask an associate I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. It was very easy to apply. Hope that helps.
  • Ruth Griffith
    Ruth Griffith

get a small bag of cement and put water in a container and the cement / then you mix it well . then you get a tool from the store ask cause I cant remember that name but it is flat you take the cement and put it in the cracks then smooth it out with the tools . if it is broken in pieces you need to make a boarder with wood to keep the cement in place

• Barb
    Barb

They sell fast setting concrete in a pail for small jobs📌
  • Michelle Leslie
    Michelle Leslie

Hi Dawn, Hi there, You can fill wide cracks with concrete crack filler in a caulk tube. Then you can resurface the slab.

https://www.quikrete.com/athome/video-resurfacing-concrete-slabs.asp