Paint spill removal ?

+4
My garage has a concrete floor and there's a white acrylic paint spill on about 3 ft. Square of it. The mess is several years old. is there an easy, cheap way to get rid of it? I don't have the energy to paint the entire floor. Any ideas are gratefully accepted. !

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Sep 14, 2017
    Try putting stripper on it. I like Citristrip (Home Depot). It even smells good!
  • Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Sep 15, 2017
    That's going to be fun! I'd start by scraping off anything you can from the top, any flat edge scraper should work. Then use the chemical stripper- citrus one really does smell good, and does s great job. Might have to reapply a few times and I don't know if the color will be truly gone but it should at least be much better. Good luck!
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 15, 2017
    Acrylic is made from plastic. Try to peel it up with a putty knife. If that doesn't work try some Lestoil diluted. 1gallon of hot water, 1/2 cup of Lestoil. Soak the square with Lestoil and a brush, let it sit for 3 hrs. IMPORTANT. Wear a mask, if you have one, and open the garage door before you start. After 3 hrs brush the area, and the paint should come up in pieces, then peel. Good Luck!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Sep 15, 2017
    Citristrip is the best :)
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jun 16, 2021

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Undiluted Murphy's oil soap usually works. Put some on and let it soak awhile. It will come right off!