How to remove stains from corelle dishes.com

+7
  • Correlle is pretty hard to stain, do you know what the stains might be? Have you tried a vinegar and dawn dish soap soak overnight?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 16, 2017
    Try bon ami or bar keepers friend
  • PJ Wise PJ Wise on Sep 16, 2017
    If Naomie's recommendations don't work, I've used a baking soda paste on a soft sponge to lightly "scrub" the area in question. (I imagine you could get the same effect with toothpaste.). Follow with several rinses.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 16, 2017
    Are they white? Let us know. EJL.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 16, 2017
    Put them in a mixture of 1, gallon water to 1/4 cup bleach!
  • Ifixstuff Ifixstuff on Sep 16, 2017
    If the stains are surface scratches or coffee/tea stains, Barkeepers Friend works great. I like the powder instead of the "soft" bottled material. It made my old corelle dishes look like new. If the stains are deep into the surface others have tried soaking in a dishwasher powder concentrated solution, using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda scrub, or ammonia soak. Hope you have success!
  • Dixie Carlton Dixie Carlton on Sep 16, 2017
    barkeepers friend works wonders...a little does a lot and does not scratch.
  • Maribeth Brown Maribeth Brown on May 07, 2020

My Corelle dishes seemingly suddenly got brown stains around the edges of the plates. This happened within the last year to both my 30 year old set and my 15 year old set. A change in composition of dishwasher detergent maybe? I tried scouring the edge with various soft scrubbers... a lot of work with not very good results. In desperation I put the dishes in the dishwasher WITHOUT detergent, but added about 1/3 cup citric acid crystals to the dishwasher. It REMOVED the stain and didn’t harm the finish on the plates. I would suggest NOT having other items in the dishwasher because the citric acid might be too strong.

• Patiiowa Patiiowa on Jul 24, 2020

This isn't an answer, it's a question...my corelle white dishes, especially the bowls, have turned a icky gray color all over the outside. I have soaked in bleach, tried baking soda...still dull, ugly gray anyone else have this issue?

• Robbie Robbie on Jan 16, 2021

I'm having the same problem, and wondered if our well water might be the cause. It's extremely hard and usually causes rust stains in our clothes, the tub/shower.

I'm trying the hot water and vinegar tip. If that doesn't work, I'm debating using a mild solution of iron-out (brand name of a rust remover) and cold water, then thoroughly washing them.