Dahlia Walsh
Dahlia Walsh
  • Bryant, AR

What can you do to a broken cement Walkway inexpensively.

EbbjdlLinda SikutWendy
+4

Tree roots have broken the cement. It is wheelchair accessible and would have to include the ramp access.
q what can you do to a broken cement walkway inexpensively
  • Linda Sikut

When tree roots have broken the cement the best answer is to get that fixed by a professional. I know that's not inexpensive but it's the right way to do the job. If you need a short term fix perhaps you could build a wooden walkway over the broken concrete??

I wish you the very best in solving this issue.
  • Ralph Barlow

Really... there is no cheap fix that lasts. Unless you remove the damaged "Concrete" (sorry I am a Civil Engineer and I need to use the correct word.) and the tree root, the root will continue to grow and damage any repair you make. Saw cut a few inches on each side of the cracked concrete. Some people will remove a whole flag (a segment of concrete between score lines).
    Remove the concrete and the tree root. Form and pour the new concrete. Find a good handy man (or woman), it shouldn't cost that much. Better to do a good job now than to do a patch job every year.....
  • Flipturn

Ralph is right. The tree is the root of the problem!

• Wendy

Good luck, let us know what you choose to do!
  • Linda Sikut

You're welcome. Best of luck!
  • Ebbjdl

Start by hiring a tree company, are your trees pine? The roots grow above ground. We had to get rid of them because they start growing above ground and it was pushing our patio up. They have a special machine to grind down the roots.