House Protection from Golf Balls

I live on a golf course and through a combination of the golf balls being designed to go further and the golfers getting... well, worse, the side of my house is getting pummeled. The old clapboard cannot stand up to the 100 mph hits. I know how to fix the holes, but I'm getting tired of having to. What can I put on the side of my house that will deflect the golf balls or what type of siding will hold up to these assaults?

  8 answers
  • Sharon Sharon on Oct 16, 2017
    I think I would either string up some bird netting to stop them between a couple trees if you have them, or put in a couple posts and netting.
  • First are you part of an HOA? Are the golf course officials aware of the constant damage? I would have the golf course put up a mesh netting strategically placed to prevent the balls from getting to your house. What if someone walks by and gets hit with a golf ball??? Living on a golf course one expects the occasional ball in the yard, but if constant, I would nicely, yet firmly let them know something needs to be done if only for safety reasons.
  • Inetia Inetia on Oct 16, 2017
    My husband installed clear sheets of Plexiglas over our windows and front door which has glass. Two small sections of the window that open are not covered for obvious reasons. He took measurements and had it cut to measure and screwed it to the window sills. This is completely unnoticeable with the exception of when my husband pressure washes the roof or exterior walls. Moisture is noticeable on the inside of the Plexiglas till it evaporates. Our roof does have an overhang which prevents rain and debris from falling between the Plexiglas and the window.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 16, 2017
    Start by asking the golf course to put up a net to stop the balls from hitting your house. It's their responsibility to keep the golf balls within the areas of the field. If you don't get any help, tell the golf course, in a letter, that you are contacting the Attorney General of your state. See what happens. Send your question in again, and I'll give you the name of the Attorney General of your state. You shouldn't have to alter your home, because they are negligent.
    • See 4 previous
    • Jill Ellis Baker Jill Ellis Baker on Aug 19, 2020

      Would love to know how you protect guests. Do you have trees?

  • Patty Patty on Aug 19, 2020

    Many along golf courses have that mesh net that goes from ground up about 20 feet. You can still have the view. Look around and you will see it in someone's yard.

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jan 02, 2021

    Your AG suggestion got me to thinking about the State Insurance Commissioner. As in one of these days, those golf balls are going to break something bad enough, a homeowner might file and insurance claim.

    That aside the mesh on posts is the solution.