Air conditioner vents knob broke off- what can I do?

Lisa S.RussbowChubby58
+6

My air conditioner vents are in the ceiling .the knob that closes the vent off is broke off inside .Need idea to close vent for winter .

• Ken

You got those little round ones or a larger rectangular vent? The larger ones are readily available and easy to change.
  • Ed Cannon

I would buy replacements, not that expensive. If you want a temporary fix remove the vents and cut cardboard to fit inside the hole and replace the vent (sometimes a pain to reinstall the vents). Another would be duck tape on the outsides of the vents, but when removing it may peal the paint off them.
  • Chubby58

If the vents are metal, get a piece of magnetic material and slap it over the vent. I used to do that at work when the air blew directly on me.
  • Johnavallance82

Replace Vent........Or TAPE COVER OVER IT......
  • Lisa S.

I have seen magnetic sheets that are sized and marketed for this purpose. If money is a problem, get a hold of some styrophone from packaging . Tape it on the inside. Or even use bubble wrap .
    • Betty

Got the magnetic sheet today .would not hold mine are round .cut a sheet of cling wrap holds great .only need it for winter .thanks for all the great answers .
  • Russbow

Trailer supply places have covers just for that purpose, size ??????
    • Betty

I want to thank everybody for the great answers to my questions .going to try to get magnetic sheet first .
  • Lisa S.

Sorry, it did not work for you.