My stove won't turn on!

Dac6713789Cheryl RamboNancy Flemming
+7

This stove is just three years old , not very dirty at all. Suddenly it seems the heating element won't turn on. The timer and the fan work, but the oven doesnt get hot. What can i do to trouble shoot? thanks! (this is a bellers oven with a gas range on top)
q my stove won t turn on
  • Cynthia H

Check your circuit breaker if the oven is electric (I 'm not familiar with that type oven). If it is gas like the stove top, have it checked out by a technician. Gas is nothing to DIY.
  • Ken

I could walk through what I know about troubleshooting appliances but the good folks over at Family Handyman did it so much better.

• Donna Warr Neyman

I know you will think this is crazy but my stove went out when it was a year old. Our electric went out and the clock was blinking and I had never gotten around to setting it. One day my daughter walked by and set the clock and the next time i turned it on it worked.
  • Stephanie Schostak Metzgar

My oven wouldnt go on a few times in the past year and all I did was turn the breaker off for the oven and then on again and somehow it reset it and made it work again ! hope this helps
  • Delores Snellen

The heating element could have burned out They are not that hard to replace I have done it before But check circuit breaker first plug stove if you decide to try and replace it yourself
  • GlassLady

had a fancy stove with several special settings. One day just tried out the Sabbath setting. The whole double oven shut down and nothing could wake it. Will say it was the day before Easter with many family coming for Easter Dinner. Week later, paid $75 for service call where he read owners manual that said to hold cancel button down for 7 seconds to unlock the controls. Took him about 5 minutes to solve my problem. Grrrrrrr.
  • Nancy Flemming

Happened to our stove of 2 years, elements worked fine, oven would not heat up. Pulled out checked the back and could see a slight burn mark in one area. It needed a new module for the oven.
  • Cheryl Rambo

If the oven element is electric, check the plug to the wall. Had this happen twice. The clock and lights worked, but not the burner. Was half way unplugged. Pushed it all the way in and it worked perfectly. Also try circuit breaker. Sometimes these trip in storms or power outages.
  • Dac6713789

Besides above ideas, check to make sure that you don't have uninvited guests chewing on any of the wiring.