How can I remove oil stains from clothes?

+9
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 26, 2017
    what kind of oil stains?
  • Wilma Castillo Wilma Castillo on Oct 26, 2017
    I use Ivory bar soap on all oil or grease stains.Have used it for years

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Oct 26, 2017
    I soak in Tide, or put some on the spots. I also have sprayed with simple green shortly before putting in the wash. Dawn works great on grease and oil stains.
  • V Smith V Smith on Oct 26, 2017
    Treat the dry stained garmet with waterless hand cleaner like Goop or Gojo. These cleaners are formulated to disolve grease and oil and then wash away. After treating, wash the garmet as usual. This will even get out oily stains that have gone thru the dryer.
  • Jess Jess on Oct 26, 2017
    So many tips for this one!
    If the oil stain is fresh, cover it with baking soda, and let it soak it all up.
    Also, Simple Green - it's a de-greaser and I use it for almost everything.
    If it's a set in oil stain - I just got OxiClean Max Force Spray. It is the best stain remover I have ever tried. Granted, for some tough set in stains, I've had to leave it on for an entire day before I washed it. But this stuff is amazing.
    Also, I've read WD-40 is supposed, but I've yet to try it.
  • Pat Hicks Pat Hicks on Oct 26, 2017
    Dawn dish soap
  • Leah Leah on Oct 26, 2017
    Try KrudKutter from Amazon.
  • Sandy Mills McDowell Sandy Mills McDowell on Oct 26, 2017
    Not knowing how much or what kind of oil you have, but I have found a very good cleaner at Dollar Tree called AWESOME, yellow spray liquid. All of my clothes have come out oil-free after spraying the oil spot and washing them with regular detergent.
  • Anne Anne on Oct 26, 2017
    thanks everyone but what if the grease is from
    food?
  • Roo Roo on Oct 26, 2017
    Grandma's Spot Remover works great. Ace hardware and I've found most craft stores also carry it. Amazon too.
    Hopefully you didn't dry it and yes it will work