Have mold and mildew and mobile home because water is coming down the

It's literally coming down the side and soaking up inside the wall and separating the wall from the floor I live alone I don't have much income and I've already had about three people try to rip me off on this stuff what do I do please help desperate thank you

  8 answers
  • FL FL on Nov 25, 2017
    Do you have a friend, pastor, co-worker, neighbor or relative who can look into the problem and help you deal with getting estimates with you? Do you qualify for any help for being disabled, a Veteran, a senior citizen, or any other category that can assist? For example, on NY the town had programs where seniors had work on their homes completed for the cost of only, not for labor. Your situation sounds very serious as mold is nothing to fool around with water running into the walls, it may affect electrical wires or worse. o you have insurance on your home? Your insurance person may help!
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 25, 2017
    Ask around your mobile home park who is a reputable repair guy, see they are bonded and licensed contractor.
  • Sharon Sharon on Nov 25, 2017
    In the meantime, get a large blue tarp and have someone tarp the roof.
  • Liz Toone Liz Toone on Nov 25, 2017
    If you have a disability, your state vocational rehabilation office may be able to help you. Find the local office and give them a call.
  • Cristine Meixner Cristine Meixner on Nov 25, 2017
    What is your climate? Is the water coming through the roof and down the inside of the wall? A temporary measure would be to tarp the roof. You don't indicate how able you are.
  • Big lulu Big lulu on Nov 26, 2017
    I can't really tell from your description but you could have condensation coming from within. Get a dehumidifier. That couldn't hurt. Keep it emptied and clean. There are also "boxes" you can buy that absorb water.

    If the water is leaking in from outside, like when it rains, then the tarp idea is good. You also do need a dehumidifier.
  • Jaxs Jaxs on Nov 26, 2017
    Do you have a sky light? If so it might be leaking and needs to be replaced. I have had that done. Also live in a mobile home. You could have a leak in the roof but that doesn't mean that the whole roof has to be done. Is there anyone you trust that can help you so you don't get ripped off again. .Ask the management for numbers of people who can help you or call Hacap
    Good luck
  • William William on Nov 26, 2017
    You can call Habitat for Humanity in your area. They can help you out. Look for any community organization in your area that help people on fixed or low income. Mold is not something to fool a round with.
Your comment...