Have a crate full of old record albums, need a good DIY, enough bowls

+7
  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jan 18, 2018
    You might want to check and see if any of these are valuable before you destroy them.

• Mary Conrad Mary Conrad on Jan 18, 2018
    I tried to sell them and I couldn't give them away I just hate sending them to landfill
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 18, 2018
    I have mine displaced under my radio/record player... some from WWII days and Beatles plus Disney! Could never get rid of any!
  • Stac Biagini Stac Biagini on Jan 19, 2018
    hang them on your walls. You could even paint them and hang them

• Mar31271529 Mar31271529 on Jan 19, 2018
    My brother framed his and hung them in his family room. Beatles, etc. They look fabulous!
  • Mary Conrad Mary Conrad on Jan 21, 2018
    These were given to me and had been stored in a shed so they are not pretty enough to display....any ideas?
  • Gail Gail on Jan 21, 2018
    Use them as edging for a walkway or garden. They're easy to push into the ground. They help keep unwanted grass out of where you don't want it. Or, keep soil in areas where you want it. Putting them all at about same height makes a neat scalloped edge & border.

Another way to use them. Put record inside an old pillowcase & iron about 2/3 to 3/4 of it with a hot dry iron just until it softens. (Keep iron moving during ironing process to prevent melting vinyl). When softened & pliable, remove record from pillowcase & bend bottom of record up toward top edge of record to form a pocket. Next drill 2 tiny holes in top section of record to screw it to backside of cabinet door to hold instruction sheets & manuals for countertop appliances to have at fingertips when needed rather than in a drawer or box to have to look thru to find.

Hope these suggestions help you put them to some good use.
  • Gail Gail on Jan 21, 2018
    You're most welcome!
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jan 21, 2018