I have a vanity light bar over my bath sink

+11
and I would like to cover the bulbs with clip on shades, but the are oriented the wrong way, how can i make my own?
q i have a vanity light bar over my bath sink and i would like to cover
  • Maybe change the lighting altogether? Cover? I would need a photo . . .
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 23, 2018
  • Jane McArdle Jane McArdle on Jan 23, 2018
    you could make wire baskets or get them from the dollar store and wire them up the way you want go to a habitat for humanity store find one you can live with and change it out or one that orents the way your talking
  • Dot Dot on Jan 23, 2018
    Can you detach the whole unit and install it to underside of shelf or ceiling? This would allow the bulbs to hang downward. Lowe's has some open wire form covers. You would have to redirect your wiring. All of this depends on your level of expertise and configuration of the space. Personally, I would replace it with an inexpensive fixture which costs less than hiring an electrician, Huh? Also, haunt the consignment sales shops and flea markets. I just donated two sets of fixtures with globes, 3 lights on each ($250 ea when new) to a shop called NUT house, I think part of Good Samaritan. Saving money isn't always quick and easy. Keep a priority list with dimensions and as you run across things, that's when you buy. Congratulations on your creative thinking, that's the most fun!

• Steph Steph on Jan 25, 2018
      I’m happy you mentioned a runny tally of needs. I‘ve kept a running list for future projects also. It’s on a magnetized pad on the side of my refrigerator (incl dimensions). I update the list by crossing out. I love when I need to tear off a sheet!
      Also, I keep a list under “Notes” on my Phone which comes in very handy for the “close-out “/“end of season” retail store sections for both current and future projects. This phone list (iPhone under “Notes”) includes requests that other people want for gifts:
      LED white lights - K
      Christmas House - D,
      Electric mixer - A.
      Car Battery - T
      This list is very easy to skim and group by retail area. Full details can be added with Notes or under the person’s “Contacts” on your cell phones.
  • Dot Dot on Jan 26, 2018
    Thanks Steph, I am not as organized as you but I do have sheets of notes in a little book (sometimes with drawings) but it keeps me on track and sometimes by the time I find the right thing I have changed my mind about what I want for that project and can mark it off. Whew, am I glad I waited!

• Regina Regina on Feb 14, 2021

Here is a DIY idea I found while browsing for an update. Has a video too!

https://www.hometalk.com/44264073/brass-bathroom-fixture-update

• Dee Dee on Apr 14, 2021

I love this idea. I saw the metal at Hobby Lobby today and it comes in sizes that you would not have to cut, just bend and screw in.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Mar 06, 2021

Take mason jars with their rings & seal tops-

(If you've antique or colored new ones, awesome)

Then cut holes for the light bulbs to fit in the seals.

Thread on the seals & rings, after removing the bulbs.

Put bulbs back on.

Screw mason jars onto the rings.