Asked on Jan 28, 2018

Cleaning stainless steel appliances

1de5066309Debi53V Smith
+13

I have bought several items claiming to clean stainless steel appliance, but none have lived up to the hype. I have water stains that refuse to go away! Any solutions? Thanks!

• 1de5066309
    1de5066309

Try table salt and vinegar into a paste. Also barkeepers friend from home depot and steele eool.
    Janet Pizaro

agreed they do not work. Use Spray away a non ammonia glass cleaner and a micro fiber cloth
  • Tish
    Tish

I've tried them all, spent hundreds of dollars in the process and they were all useless. The greatest and hands down best of the best is....SPRAY NINE. You can find it at Home Depot or Lowes. I use 3 clean white washcloths....two damp and one dry. I spray one of the damp cloths with Spray Nine and apply to the stainless steel and let dry. Once dry use the other damp cloth to wipe down, then dry and polish with the dry white cloth. Your stainless steel will look AMAZING & PERFECT every time.
    • Donna Creecy
      Donna Creecy

Great! I’ve never heard of Spray Nine but have to go to both Lowe’s and Home Depot tomorrow so will look for it. Sounds easy enough so will definitely try it. Thank, Tish!
  • V Smith
    V Smith

WD40
    • Donna Creecy
      Donna Creecy

Never had thought about this, but WD-40 is one of those things that solves myriad problems, so it makes sense it might work! Thanks!
  • Debi53
    Debi53

I sprinkle Bar Keeper's friend in my sink, dampen it and make a paste. I use a wet cloth, pick up some of the paste and "wash" my stainless with the paste. Use a clean wet cloth to rinse your piece. Keep rinsing your cloth. Then just dry with a soft clean cloth. I then use a spray counter top polish sprayed onto a clean cloth and "polish" my stainless. I only have to do this 2-3 times a year. In between, I just use a damp cloth to wipe of food particles or water marks and dry with a clean cloth. This is super inexpensive, gets everything off--grease, water spots, food particles, fingerprints, etc. and is fast and easy.
    • Donna Creecy
      Donna Creecy

Thank you! I’ll try this. Water spots are my worst problem, and this sounds like a good thing to try. I appreciate it!
  • 1de5066309
    1de5066309

CLR is a calcium, lime and rust remover solution. Home Depot or hardware store. It's worth a try.
    • Donna Creecy
      Donna Creecy

My husband suggested this, and I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder and the suggestion!