Holes in walls

The house we bought I love the color gray in the bathroom maybe a little lighter but they didn't patch and holes just painted over them and put pictures over them and one spot a cabinet on the wall. How can I or can I fix it at all? PLEASE HELP, I'm on a budget. I hope someone can help.
q holes in walls
I don't know what they tried to fill it with.
q holes in walls
q holes in walls
q holes in walls
This looks like wall paper has been pulled off.
  5 answers
  • Jjsunflower😎 Jjsunflower😎 on Feb 21, 2018
    go to a paint store theywill Help😎
  • Connied804 Connied804 on Feb 22, 2018
    Cut a hole large enough to cover all the patches. Cut a piece of sheetrock the same size and set it in the hole. Spackle the edges and then the entire piece. smooth it out well enough to disguise all the joints. When it dries, sand it with a fine grit sandpaper to smooth it out even better. Finally paint it with the matched paint. Any home improvement store should be able to match the color.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 22, 2018
    Go to your local home improvement store and get a filler, the associates will help you choose what you need to fix it. It looks like some spackle, sandpaper and something to put it on will be all you need, not that expensive. Find the paint you need once it is done. If you want to go with the same color for now, take the little hanging piece on the last picture off and take it with you, you will need to take it off anyway. Take the pictures with you to let them know what you need to do. Good luck!
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Feb 22, 2018
    A few of the holes (which look like round bumps) may be from small molly screws which are used when you are screwing directly into sheetrock and not a wood stud. They are plastic and look like a hollow screw with a small lip on the outside. The screw goes inside the molly and it expands to help hold the screw in the wall. You will need sandpaper to cut through the paint to see if that molly was left behind. If it was you can carefully pry under the lip to see if it will come out and if it won't you will need a small punch to punch it through the wall and then fill with spackle (you can use your finger to apply, but overfill it slightly as spackle tends to shrink as it dries). Lightly sand the other areas until it's either smooth or you can see what they have done and what you need to do from there if there are any other holes. For a small area you don't need any special tools, you can use a small plastic kitchen spatula or a credit card and a heavier grit of sandpaper and a lighter grit to smooth it out. You can do this!
  • Debi53 Debi53 on Feb 23, 2018
    Everyone has given you great advice. I have dealt with walls like this many times. The only thing I want to add is to use a 5-in-1 tool to scrape the larger raised areas. Any paint or hardware store carries these. Using a 5-in-1to scrape off large raised puttied areas is much easier than sanding. Then sand to finish smoothing and follow the advice the other great Hometalkers have already given you.
Your comment...