What is the best way, and best product to clean windows?

+4
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Mar 08, 2018
    Hi Mpace,
    Believe it or not, vinegar and water is the best way to clean windows. Click on the link below to read more.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 08, 2018
    white vinegar and water 50/50 a dab of blue dawn dish soap and a dab of jet dry ...micro-fiber cloth
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Mar 08, 2018
    Here is my post as to how I do it in my home - https://chascrazycreations.com/streak-free-windows-and-mirrors/
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Mar 08, 2018
    Remove curtains and shade. I wash down all the woodwork around the window first (Top Job, Mr. Clean or whatever in a bucket). If especially dirty wash window with wash liquid and rinse. Then using paper towels, use ammonia based window cleaner. Work from the top then do the bottom. I have double hung windows which open in for easy cleaning. Makes it much easier than old fashioned windows. Let the cleaner paper towels dry and reuse for other windows. Before starting if my windows are sluggish in opening I spray WD40 into the tracks. Then washing removes any residue that go t on the windows.
  • Itsmemic Itsmemic on Mar 08, 2018
    Spray Away glass cleaner..nothing like it. Very cheap at home depot...smells awesome..like flowers !! And cleans better than anything I have ever used. It's in a spray foam can. LOVE IT !! It's like $2.98 for a giant can.
  • Brenda Fred Brenda Fred on Mar 08, 2018
    Norwex fibercloth, followed by a Norwex silky polish cloth (They come in a set together. Great for Stainless steel appliances also.
  • Sam Sam on Mar 08, 2018
    Save your money and make your own. 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water with a few drops of Dawn. Mix in a spray bottle or bucket. I like to use microfiber or terry cloths--ditch the paper towels--they're too wasteful. Use one cloth with solution to wipe down the glass and sash and dry with a clean, dry second cloth. Use a plastic scrubbie for stubborn spots.